[Linux-aus] data visualisation (spectrogram)

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Wed Aug 22 09:33:51 EST 2012

Hiya

With very useful replies from various people but particularly helpful interaction with Andrew Janke, I'm a fair bit further with the fourier transforms. Thanks!

Now, visualisation. What library can I use to not build a whole GUI app but merely display some ongoing visualisation of my data? From C, display on X.
I've generally done lowlevel and backend stuff, so this has never been my turf.

What I want to do at this point (which will help me with the rest of the work) is display my calculated spectrum as a row of coloured dots, where the colour is dependent on the value (magnitude) of that position in the spectrum. Aka a spectrogram.

(mind that the visualisation is not the end objective - I just need it now to be able to validate what I'm doing with the data).

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com) MySQL services