[Linux-aus] What is LA's response to UEFI Secure Boot?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Aug 6 11:43:05 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 10:02 +0930, Michael Davies wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> > Sunday Tongue in cheek
> >
> > Sorry Brent, LA have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo
> > buuuusssssssssyyyyyyyyy trying to convince us all we need to change the
> > organisations name - no energy left to argue for real relevant things that
> > will affect us.
>
> So Noel, why don't you put together a draft statement that LA could
> then review, approve and publish?  Be part of the solution, not the
> problem.

Who's to say I have not already done this (with another hat on), I have
also told RedHat (politely) in detail as to why their decision is the
wrong one.

> > please send all flames to root at localhost
>
> Nah, if you're prepared to say something, be prepared to face up to
> your comments.

I always am, my track record already shows this for some two decades :)
(actually, back much much longer if you include fidonet)

cheers

PS... in relation to latter posters, my selection would be "2" -
completely disable, and "3" as an option.