[Linux-aus] Fwd: What is LA's response to UEFI Secure Boot?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sun Aug 5 13:20:54 EST 2012

> All of the cruft, innuendo and troll nonsense aside from both sides....
> Who would like to participate in an ad hoc group to do a press release draft?

I'm happy to be involved.  What's our position?

   1. Secure Boot is bad and should not be allowed to go ahead in any form.

   2. Secure Boot could be bad so we must ensure it can be disabled if needed.

   3. Secure Boot is great, providing we have control over the keys our
      equipment recognises as valid.

My personal position is the last one.  I think Secure Boot could work well, if
I can remove the Microsoft keys (since they're bound to be compromised sooner
or later) and install my own, only allowing my chosen Linux kernels to boot
and nothing else.

Cheers,
Adam.