[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Apr 26 23:12:13 EST 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> Well thus far your other option is to spam the crap out of this list
> trying to thrash your idea down everyones throats, constantly at that
> too, with NO new arguments, none, nudda zip!

If someone is asked a question 20 times then is it really wrong to answer it
20 times?

Chris has some points to make and he's been patiently making them while some
people have been apparently ignoring most of the discussion.

My suggestion of having an SPI/Debian type relationship between "The Org"
(thanks Tim) and a new Linux Australia that looks just like the old one to all
outsiders seems to have been well regarded by the people who have commented on
it.  It also seems to address all the concerns about abandoning Linux advocacy
(I think it would improve that).

It would be nice if some of the people who want no change could comment on my
suggestion.