[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Apr 24 09:29:22 EST 2012

It doesn't follow that because Linux Australia hasn't (for whatever reason) been successful in building the Linux Australia band outside of Linux Australia folks that we throw the name Linux Australia (or its ostensible narrower purpose) out.

Incidentally, let's throw this one quietly into the mix:

 Should Linux Australia change its objectives

Is it just me or does Linux Australia have no objectives at all in its current constitution at http://www.linux.org.au/constitution? That strikes me as odd - given the absence of formal objectives, there's nothing apart from community pressure stopping the formal body from doing, well, anything that is not against the aims of the organisation, which aren't specified...

DSL