[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

David Newall david at davidnewall.com
Mon Apr 23 18:27:09 EST 2012

On 23/04/12 14:47, Luke John wrote:
> [T]he present activities and role of the Linux Australia organisation
> are being impeded by retaining a name that no longer accurately
> reflects its membership.

With respect, I disagree: Linux is not the forefather of open source
(possibly Sendmail is), it is the poster-boy.  I doubt anybody with a
keen interest in, let us say, WordPress, would be confused by a
WordPress event being sponsored or run by LA.  Similarly, I dare say I
am not alone in that I would think less of a Linux aficionado objecting
to a WordPress event being run by LA.