[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:31:16 EST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de> wrote:
> Such selective reading!

Perhaps.
Maybe I was too facetious with my response.
I still feel that this statement leaves the possibility open (...that
the domains and Linux Australia will _eventually_ be retired when it
makes "sense").

Have watched successive groups grow Linux Australia over a decade.
Each and every person involved over that period (and present day) have
worked so hard and have come so far.
IMHO Linux Australia is a banner(brand?) under which many groups and
ideas have been able to flourish.

The reasons put forward simply don't seem to justify such a radical
(and costly) change.

Of course, the committee is a lot closer to these matters than moi and
in the end, what will be will be.
But I personally beg you all (please...) to seriously consider Jon
Hall's suggestion....strengthen the byline.
Surely that would be better than starting over?
Rgds
BW