[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Jon "maddog" Hall maddog at li.org
Mon Apr 23 06:29:58 EST 2012

> How about "Free and Open Source Technologies Alliance" aka "FOSTA",
> since the idea seems to be about "fostering"... :)

Better yet:

Free and Open Source Technologies Enthusiast and Reprobate Society

I think that the initials of that would go over fairly well in
Australia.  Perhaps you could then petition for "Free Beer", or
sponsorship from some large company....

md

P.S. Sorry folks, the devil made me do it....
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several
countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used
pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.