[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:26:13 EST 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Paul Gear <paul at libertysys.com.au> wrote:
> On 22/04/12 17:43, Noel Butler wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 15:44 +1000, John Ferlito wrote:
>>>
>>> Linux Australia has been around for over ten years and we are no longer an..
>>

>>  The name is well known and respected for this reason.
>>
>> I'm   -1    for any name change.
>
> +1 for me on Noel's -1, for the same reason.

Aye. I also want an organisation here which has Linux as 100% of their
mission and constrains their activities.  I dont mind if they support
other activities, but I want to know the committee struggles each time
they consider a proposal which isnt clearly Linux orientated.

There are other organisations which are aimed at broader targets like
Open Technology, Open Knowledge, etc, etc. and LA should support them
if they have too much money that cant be invested into Linux.

--
John Vandenberg