[Linux-aus] hardware

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Sep 19 10:20:49 EST 2011

On 19/09/11 02:58, Andrew Pam wrote:
> On 19/09/11 00:36, Jeremy Visser wrote:
>> You really don't want to deal with MSY.
>>
>> <http://www.itnews.com.au/News/254934,msy-fined-for-misleading-warranty-notices.aspx>
>
> I note that the article specifically states that it was found that MSY's
> contravention of the regulations was not delibarate, but that they
> initially did not understand the seriousness of the issue.
>
> Andrew

I must confess to being a regular Adelaide MSY customer.  They are
indeed cheap and cheerful which is why I go there.  Yes I have long
thought that their attitude to refunds/replacements and warranties was
underdone, but put up with that because of their prices.  I think what
it has done is made me a much more savvy buyer as a result because I
make sure I know what I want and need.  However now that they know the
limits, they will no doubt change their practices.

In the Currie street branch they are always helpful and I have to say I
am glad they are here.  It works for me, however YMMV.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, CP, ACCE Associate
Honorary Life Member and Vice President 2010-2011