[Linux-aus] Is Admin dying out

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Wed Oct 19 20:24:47 EST 2011

On 19/10/11 08:53, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi Graeme,

I don't know why you think that self admin in the SOHO is getting
easier.  I think it is getting harder, because there are more
expectations, and more devices, and there is more data to back up, etc.

But even granting your assertion, i think that this just means that we
have get pushed one layer up the stack and get to do more interesting
things.  My main business is Linux sysadmin and network engineering, and
at the moment i'm snowed under with client-initiated work.

--
Sent from my ThinkPad, powered by Linux