[Linux-aus] CFP: High Availability and Distributed Storage miniconf at LCA 2012

Tim Serong tim at wirejunkie.com
Tue Oct 11 16:31:14 EST 2011

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce that we will be hosting a one day High
Availability and Distributed Storage mini conference on January 16 2012,
as part of linux.conf.au in Ballarat, Australia.

We would like to invite proposals for presentations to be delivered at
the miniconf.  Please feel free to forward this CFP to your colleagues
and other relevant mailing lists.

Suggested topics for presentations include (but are not limited to):

 - Cluster resource management
 - Cluster membership/messaging
 - Clustered filesystems
 - Distributed storage
 - SQL and NoSQL databases
 - Caching layers

The CFP is open until November 6.  Proposals can be submitted at:

  http://tinyurl.com/ha-lca2012-cfp

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself
(tserong at suse.com) or Stewart Smith (stewart at flamingspork.com) directly.

Note that as this miniconf is part of linux.conf.au, you will need to
register to attend the main conference
(http://linux.conf.au/register/prices).  Unfortunately we have no
sponsorship budget for speakers, so presenting at the miniconf does not
entitle you to discounted or free registration.  If you need help
convincing your employer to fund your travel, please see
http://linux.conf.au/register/business-case - this is *the* Linux
conference to be at in the southern hemisphere!

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong