[Linux-aus] Code of Conduct.. Into the fray, I go again.

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:32:42 EST 2011

Ooh, I said to myself, the new CoC is out, I see. Great, lets see if
they've fixed the loophole that everyone got upset about at LCA2011..
Um. No.

The cause of the riot we had on the lca2011 mailing list earlier this
year was that Mark Pesce's presentation was _not_ sexual (the act of
sexual intercourse, or implying sexual intercourse). It was EROTIC.
Thus, it did not violate the CoC, nor the sexual harassment policy.

So what have you changed?

- sexual or violent imagery;
- exclusionary language;
- exclusionary humour of any kind;
- language which is not appropriate for an all-ages audience.

Well, the word 'sexual' is still there. Wasn't the consensus that the
word 'sexual' be changed to 'erotic'?