[Linux-aus] Event overlaps - and what to do to avoid them in the future

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Nov 11 12:02:15 EST 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Paul Shirren <shirro at shirro.com> wrote:
> While the overlap might be frustrating Donna has hit on the driver.
> There are people flying in for one event being shared around with
> several other events. They might not be able to take a month off work to
> attend non-overlapping events. This makes the travel more worthwhile and
> is maximising their time. It sucks for locals but realistically having

According to Kathy's list there are three different events on the Saturday
before LCA, one event on the Sunday before LCA, and AFAIK there is nothing on
after LCA.

The LCA web site has nothing yet listed for the Saturday afterwards and based
on past experience I think that it's probably going to be something that
people would be prepared to skip in favor of some of the other events from the
preceding Saturday.

It seems to me that if one of the 1 day events had been scheduled for the
Saturday after LCA and the other had been scheduled for the Sunday after LCA
then everyone could have attended everything that interested them with the
possible exception of whatever might be arranged for the Saturday after LCA.