[Linux-aus] Australian copyright law on computer programs and FLOSS licensing?

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Wed Nov 2 21:11:22 EST 2011

Hi everyone. Three months ago I wrote asking for assistance in
preparing one of my lectures:

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> wrote:
> My name is Javier Candeira, and I am working as a lecturer at Monash
> University in Melbourne. This semester I am teaching Introduction to
> Computing Technology, with one lecture devoted to legal aspects of
> software development and usage.

Many people from this list helped, so I figured I could show you the
results and maybe get some feedback. Here are the slides and the video
from the lecture (sorry it's a non-free format, but ffmpeg does play
it).

http://hiperactivo.com/~kandinski/tmp/Fit1038_2011_week11_copyright_patents_trademarks.m4v
http://hiperactivo.com/~kandinski/tmp/11_Copyright_Patents_Trademarks_lecture_.pdf

I plan to teach this unit again next semester, so any feedback will be
appreciated, especially factual corrections and additions.

Thanks,

Javier Candeira