[Linux-aus] New constitution

Dave Davey daved at windclimber.id.au
Thu May 26 17:55:00 EST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 02:12:41AM +0930, David Newall wrote:
> Thanks, Peter, for that link. I think this is the item I'm interested in:
> >
> >     * Amending current constitution rather than model constitution
> >       Council prefers the new constitution to be as close to the model
> >       as possible.
> >

> I, for one, would really appreciate some discussion on how, "new
> constitution to be as close to the model as possible," is to be
> implemented.

Is there any need to be close to the model?  I've been through the exercise
of developing and modifying constitutions for associations in the Tasmanian
context.  The model rules are valuable to the neophyte, particularly if
setting up a new organisation.  But the Tasmanian model covers all possibilities
and few organisations would need it all.  I've been involved in constitutional
amendments that have met government scrutiny despite the overall constitution
being almost unrelated to the model.

Dave

--
David F. Davey
D'Entrecasteaux                                       Phone: +61 3 6267 4852
Australia                                            daved at windclimber.id.au