[Linux-aus] Proposed constitutional changes: bringing record keeping and meeting procedure in line with current practice

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Mon May 2 17:02:54 EST 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> So, the short summary of the changes was a bit short.  ;)

Sorry!

> I think that Mary is correct that section 7 should be updated.

So, to lay out the facts a bit:

 - the actual practice is that our membership is kept in MemberDB, and it has
   both email and postal addresses (but not residential addresses, I think) for
   our members

 - the current constitution at http://www.linux.org.au/content/constitution
   requires simply "addresses" and also suggests there's a physical copy of the
   register somewhere

 - the new (2010) model constitution says postal and residential addresses and
   also suggests there's a physical copy of the register somewhere

 - the change suggests email only and allows for the register to be kept in
   electronic format

I will definitely revisit this change before forming it as a motion, probably
the current and past Secretaries have the best insight into what we actually
need to know about our members.

-Mary