[Linux-aus] Request for Sponsorship for Barcamp Gold Coast on 2nd April

Steve Dalton steve at refactor.com.au
Tue Mar 29 23:38:21 EST 2011

Hi There

I know this is very last minute, but this is just a quick email to ask
if it might be possible to get Linux Australia's support for Barcamp
Gold Coast that is happening this weekend at Bond University. I
normally have no trouble getting sponsors for these events, but this
time around it's been very quiet and all the people I usually ask seem
to be ignoring me :)

We don't usually have events of this size on the Gold Coast (Brisbane
ones are much bigger) - this will be the biggest Barcamp yet, so I'm
really keen to make this a success.

We are currently short of money for catering. We have been donated
some really excellent facilities from the University - but one of the
conditions of the particular rooms we chose was that we had to use
their caterers which are quite a bit more expensive than our usual
fair. The current food bill is around $700 (already cut down from
$1500 by removing tea/coffee throughout day and other drinks and
extras).

Anyway - would be great if LA could help out here in the form of a
small grant, if not - that's fine too. In return I am happy to put LA
logo on the website and say a few words about the work of Linux
Australia at the start of the day. We will probably have some Linux
show-and-tell's going on throughout the day too if I have anything to
do with it :)

The website for the event is:

http://www.meetup.com/barcampqld/events/16566485/

If any members are interested in sponsoring instead/also - I'm all
ears. If I have extra money I can add the drinks back in and not have
to go around with the collection tin :)

Also - feel free to pass onto any Gold Coast friends you might have.

Thanks
Steve

--
Refactor