[Linux-aus] Draft: New subcommittee policy and procedure

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Wed Mar 23 23:26:04 EST 2011

Hello All,

Linux Australia is looking to clear up their list of subcommittees and
teams to have proper documentation of who is involved in what and to
delegate appropriate authority to these teams.

We have drafted a new policy document that highlights the purpose of
teams and what is involved which you can find here:
http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/TeamPolicy
This is currently a draft and we are looking for feedback from the
community - particularly members involved in teams - before our next
meeting (31/03/11).

Documentation of what subcommittes do what and who is on them is a bit
haphazard at the moment so we would like to perform an audit on all of
the existing teams and subcommittees. This includes all LCA, DDU,
Wordcamp, PyConAu, web-team, admin-team, mirror-team, zookeepr etc. What
this involves is working out who among your team you would like to be
coordinator (and treasurer if appropriate) and filling out the list on
this page: http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/ListOfTeamsAndSubCommittees .
The role of the team needs to be reasonably specific so that we can
delegate authority to your subcommittee. Once we have reviewed the role,
membership and leadership of your subcommittee we will pass a motion to
delegate authority to you and change your status on that page to
approved and let you know what reporting requirements we will have.

Warm Regards,
Josh