[Linux-aus] LA Council Face to Face meeting

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Fri Mar 18 22:12:00 EST 2011

I'd normally leave some of the financial stuff for Josh to answer, but since
F2F begins tomorrow, my understanding:

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011, Anthony Towns wrote:
> That said, I don't think it should be much of a challenge to keep the
> records sufficiently up to date to present the past calendar year's info by
> around the third week in Jan.

We need also to meet the requirement to present an audit at the AGM, now[1].
The books shouldn't be too hard to audit, but close of financial year on
December 31 and a professional audit being conducted by the third week in
January is probably *possible* to arrange, but not really ideal in terms of
public holidays, auditors taking holidays, LA Council taking holidays, and/or
lots of energy being spent on LCA.

> (It's currently almost three months since last year ended; that financials
> haven't been presented yet means there's definitely problems other than the
> timing of the FY versus the AGM. Might be good to fix those first...)

Josh is probably better placed to give a full rundown on this, but again... an
audit needs to be presented. I would think in future years when we have an
existing relationship with an auditor and thus aren't getting quotes and such
this will be more timely.

The statement and the auditor's report will be presented together with the SGM
notice, giving (at least) 21 days of public scrutiny before the SGM votes on
the motion to accept the reports.

> > New policy documents:
>
> Have all these been posted to linux-aus already? URLs?

No.

The drafts are going to be improved to what I'd call beta quality (at least,
for many of them) at F2F.  They aren't going to be presented as a fait accompli
here: they will be presented for community discussion in their beta form, we
just want to get them past the FIXME THIS BIT NEEDS WORDS HERE SOMETHING
SOMETHING stage.

-Mary

[1] I provided some info at
http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2011-February/018521.html