[Linux-aus] [plug-ctte] Speakers for LUGs: anyone coming to Perth (or want to come?)

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Thu Mar 10 17:31:37 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 02:19:10PM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
> On 10/03/2011 1:57 PM, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> >> PLUG is not flush with cash, so our preference would be to find people
> >> who are already scheduled to come past this end of Aus. There's also
> >> no LA grants for this travel,
> > I would point out that you haven't asked for a grant ;-)
> I discussed this with John on the phone earlier this week before I
> posted; apparently grants for this purpose was discontinued. Don't get
> me wrong -- I am happy to put a grant in for this if that's not the case. :)
>
> Still, need people to express interest as well.

So I thought I had seen somewhere in the past (pre my being on the
council) that LA grants for getting a speaker to a LUG to give a talk
had been discouraged. It is quite possible that I am totally imaging
that.

However let's put the question to the community:

* Should LA give grants persons around AU to give talks at a LUG
  somewhere else in AU

* What should be paid for flights, accommodation, meals etc

* Should there be a cap on the total amount that can be applied for,
  for this type of grant?

Anything else we should be thinking about.

Cheers,
John

--
John