[Linux-aus] Speakers for LUGs: anyone coming to Perth (or want to come?)

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Mar 8 15:56:19 EST 2011

Hello all,

PLUG is trying to get a schedule for presenters for the /Perth Linux
User Group/, and would like to leverage anyone who happens to be coming
to Perth, or indeed, would like to!

PLUG (www.plug.org.au) meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month
(but we can move this around a little to accommodate travel schedules).
We'd love it if we had people with something to talk about in the Linux
and FLOSS worlds (or beyond) to come and talk to us. Previous talks have
ventured as far as Arduino, the Square Kilometer Array, and anything a
bit sciency (/tm/)!

PLUG is not flush with cash, so our preference would be to find people
who are already scheduled to come past this end of Aus. There's also no
LA grants for this travel, so we'd be effectively passing a hat around
if we had to cover costs. We could possibly billet people with members
if that's acceptable (I'd have to ask around).  Your payment would be to
be lauded with appreciation, thanks and praise.

We're aiming to start to video/stream talks at some stage, so please be
aware you may be captured in the burning eye of the lens! :)

Please either contact myself and the PLUG committee (on CC) if you are
able to help us out. Our calendar schedule can be seen on the
www.plug.org.au web site.

Many thanks,

  James Bromberger
PLUG President 20011

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to