[Linux-aus] New Mailing List (Off Top - Rant - Abuse Each Other List)

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed Mar 2 10:53:02 EST 2011

Hi There,

I think we need a new mailing list with a few specific rules:

1. If you're civil to each other, then you get thrown off it immediately
2. If you keep to the same topic as the one you're posting unless it's even more civil to try to change the subject, then you get thrown off immediately [i.e. replies must be off topic (it can be subtle) unless it is more uncivil to remain on topic]
3. If you don't insult at least one person and one minority, or everyone at once, then you get thrown off it immediately
4. If you can't be done for libel for what you've written, then you get thrown off immediately

Unfortunately, I don't believe the current general Linux Australia discussion list quite fits the above categories hence my petition to create a new one.

Oh and the final one: NO GODWIN'S LAW no matter the guise (so you can't substitute Saddam Hussein or Stalin for HItler, or the Communists for the Nazis).

DSL