[Linux-aus] Fwd: Motion to be put at the SLUG AGM: Wind up SLUG

James Polley jamezpolley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:38:43 EST 2011

SLUG is having its AGM on March 25. At the AGM, I intend to put a
series of motions which I've outlined below.

As the outcome of these motions is that SLUG would be asking LA to
take certain actions (convene a sub-committee to support the open
source community in the Sydney area; appoint certain people to that
subcommittee) in exchange for receiving SLUG's surplus property and
funds, it seems likely that the broader LA community will want to at
least be aware of what SLUG is doing.

If you're not on SLUG's activities list, you can follow the discussion
in our archives. The first few posts are under
http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/activities/2011/02/; the continuing
discussion will show up at
http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/activities/2011/03/

Please note that, as this will require a Special Resolution, the final
wording needs to be presented to SLUG's membership 21 days before the
AGM (ie, no later than the 4th March).