[Linux-aus] Cannes Lions award for OLPC Australia

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sat Jun 25 01:39:13 EST 2011

As I mentioned[0] at the SLUG meeting on Friday, OLPC Australia[1]
have been awarded a Bronze Lion[2] at this year's Cannes Lions
International Advertising Festival[3].

I think this is fantastic recognition for a Free Software project[4],
especially one that is focused on assisting children in the most
remote parts of the country.

As way of disclosure. I'm the Engineering Manager at OLPC Australia.
If you'd like to participate[5], especially (for me) in the technical
field[6], please get in touch with me or with OLPC Australia through
our Web site[7].

Sridhar

[0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1OQVwV0tI8&t=1h5m5s
[1] http://www.laptop.org.au/
[2] http://www.canneslions.com/work/media/entry.cfm?entryid=1762&award=4
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannes_Lions_International_Advertising_Festival
[4] http://www.dhanapalan.com/blog/2011/06/20/why-free-and-open-matters/
[5] http://www.laptop.org.au/participate
[6] http://dev.laptop.org.au/participate
[7] http://www.laptop.org.au/contact/general-form

--
"Our mission is to enhance learning opportunities for the 400,000
children, aged 4-15, living in remote Australia, by providing each one