[Linux-aus] Council Meeting Minutes 2011-06-09

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Wed Jun 15 10:24:42 EST 2011

These minutes are also available at http://linux.org.au/meeting/2011-06-09

Thu, 2011-06-09 20:04 - 20:38

Present: Michael Carden, Peter Lieverdink, Joshua Hesketh, Mary Gardiner, Alice Boxhall, John Ferlito
Apologies: Kelly Yeoh

Agenda

LCA 2012 update
Zookeepr is up at http://lca2012.linux.org.au/ (though not yet on IPv6)
Team are working on getting the CFM and CFP.

IPv6 Day
John to thank admin team for making ipv6 'just work'.

LCA bid process
Next step is for some council members to visit the bid teams. Budget progress for new financial year (provisionally starting 1 October) Waiting for auditors.

Drupal Down Under 2012
In progress.

Progress of policy discussion on linux-aus
Donations
In progress.

Media team
Currently Kelly, Mike, Alice. Non-Council volunteers would be good to add. Council to develop a charter.

SGM planning
Treasurer's report
Have some updates from auditors, which will need to go into Xero to produce an updated report.

Constitutional amendments
John and Mary to meet next week to finish drafting round 2

Grant request: sponsorship for PHPConfAU
PHPConfAU is currently on hold, so no decision is required.

Moving to Mediawiki
In progress.

Non-Paypal payment gateways
Joshua is looking at the way PayPal integrates with Xero and whether we need multiple accounts so we can manage payments for multiple concurrent events.

Grant request: BarCamp Geelong
Motion: Approve a $500 grant to BarCampGeelong.
Moved: John, Seconded: Michael. Carried unanimously.

New hardware
The original sponsor deal fell through. Approaching a few other prospective sponsors. If all else fails, a full HW refresh (3 systems) would probably cost approximately $15k.