[Linux-aus] Affiliates no longer welcome

David Newall david at davidnewall.com
Sun Jul 24 00:37:05 EST 2011

On 23/07/11 09:46, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> David, please scruitinize not the new model constitution but the proposed constitution that Mary has developed by adding all our old adaptations into it. Mary has put a lot of effort into doing exactly what both you and Brenda are suggesting, but you keep arguing about the new model constitution which is not our new constitution.

Sylvia, you must think I'm stupid.  Let me state, again, that I have not
read the model instead of the proposed constitution.  It's really too
bad of you to dismiss me in this way.

I'm sure Mary has put in a lot of effort, because I have, too, to
confirm the issues I've been decrying.  I don't know what process she
used, but I say again that the new constitution contains a raft of
changes which each need to be explicitly stated and justified.  I don't
believe you've checked what I've said, and I urge you to do so.  If you
did this you may form the view that our current "as published"
constitution would meet the new Act's requirements if we added a section
stating the financial year.  Surely that must be the simplest way of
changing the financial year, which is the specific reason this process
was embarked upon?