[Linux-aus] Affiliates no longer welcome

David Newall davidn at davidnewall.com
Fri Jul 15 19:21:58 EST 2011

In the thread titled, "Proposed Linux Australia Constitution Changes", I
pointed out
(http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2011-July/018930.html)
that we won't have a class for affiliate members any more, if the
committee's proposed changes are passed.  I expected this would be at
least a little controversial, yet nobody seems concerned.  I suspect the
truth is that members are tired of the topic of constitutional change
and therefore aren't even aware that these members will be terminated;
nor of the raft of other changes that are being contemplated without
discussion.