[Linux-aus] Proposed Linux Australia Constitution Changes

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Jul 14 10:45:29 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 23:38 +1000, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> Compare their actions to running an old version of Linux: what you are
> proposing is to patch the old version and the committee proposes to
> upgrade to the latest version of the OS. As you may well know, the
> latter is generally the less painful way forward and more
> future-proof.

Thanks Silvia - a nice analogy.

For what it's worth - I support the proposal to adopt the new model
rules, and modify those, rather than patch and maintain the old ones.

I won't be able to attend the SGM - but shall forward my proxy to vote
in favour.

I believe the volunteer committee has put a considerable amount of time
into this administrivia, which does nothing to enhance the organisation
itself, it's aims, values or activities, but is necessary to meet our
legal obligations.

Making this as simple as possible for future committees by adopting the
modern model rules makes sense to me.

--
Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au