[Linux-aus] The Ada Initiative - Should Linux Australia support it?

david at davidnewall.com david at davidnewall.com
Sat Feb 26 12:12:01 EST 2011

Sylvia Pfeiffer:
> There certainly are
> males in the IT space, too, that may be better suited to other jobs
> and nobody is suggesting that we start discouraging men from getting
> jobs in IT because they may be unqualified.

That's quite offensive.

Nobody spoke of discouraging women, and nobody linked entry to the industry to a priori qualification.  There's a gulf between discouraging people and not supporting the Ada Initiative, which, let's be reasonable, is a special interest group representing the majority of the human population.

This discussion does need the sort of spin displayed above.