[Linux-aus] The Ada Initiative - Should Linux Australia support it?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Feb 21 22:47:20 EST 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, David Newall <david at davidnewall.com> wrote:
> When young people ask me if they should choose computing as a
> profession, I ask why they think they want to enter it, what sort of
> computer they currently have and how they use it.  Invariably the

When a teenage boy is interested in computers I confidently recommend that he
attend a LUG meeting without reservation.

When a teenage girl is interested I suggest that she attend a Linux Chicks
meeting or similar - usually not a general Linux event.

It seems to me that the Ada Initiative aims to address the reasons why I can't
give the same advice to both boys and girls.