[Linux-aus] Some Anti-Harassment Policies considered harmful

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Mon Feb 21 08:41:36 EST 2011

Thanks Patrick - This is a great post.

Your experience in this area shows - I believe some of what you've
suggested has certainly been discussed, and some not.

The tricky thing with policies is always in the implementation.

A policy itself is just a signpost. It's not until it's implemented and
acted upon that it really starts to mean something.

If we can learn from others how to phrase and implement the policy so
that it does not become smothered in legalese, ineffective or draconian,
then I reckon we'll be on the right path.

I particularly like the right of appeal. I wonder if the assembled
ghosts of conferences past might be a suitable forum at an LCA?

- Donna