[Linux-aus] linux-aus Digest, Vol 47, Issue 13

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Fri Feb 11 14:37:39 EST 2011

On 11/02/11 13:49, Stephen Walsh wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 01:48 PM, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
>>
>> how about a visit to everything linux?
>>
>> http://www.elx.com.au/contact.php
>
> According to http://www.elx.com.au/
>
> "Everything Linux has closed for the time being."

ah then that makes it hard.  Sasha how about you download an ubuntu CD
from www.ubuntu.com (or your ISP' mirror if they have one) and run the
live OS (try before you install) off the CD.  You can learn a lot about
using linux (in the form of one distribution called ubuntu) in this
mode, it just runs a bit slower.  Ubuntu community and Canonical company
have invested a huge amount of effort into making it easy right off the
bat.

I use it and love it.  It's really very straightforward for users to use
and if/when you get to the point you want to install it, you can install
it in such a way as to dual boot it (it's the default mode on the
install btw) with your windows box and happily work with either OS until
you are ready to make that commitment to one or the other.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, CP, ACCE Associate
Honorary Life Member and Vice President 2010-2011