[Linux-aus] Re Final keynote for linux.conf.au 2012 to be given by Jacob Appelbaum!

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sat Dec 3 14:24:22 EST 2011

 >He trains? I find it offensive we cannot use the English language
correctly.
 >Maybe Linux Conference Organisers should be able to write grammatical
English too.

David,

Just as a point of order, the verb 'trains' can be used both
transitively and intransitively.

For the uninitiated a transitive verb takes an object ('She SELLS
[something]') while an intransitive verb may not ('He sings').
Here, Josh has applied the verb 'trains' transitively, the object of the
sentence of course being 'interested parties'.
The sentence is grammatically correct.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an awesome, grammatically correct
conference to help organise!

Regards,
Kathy