[Linux-aus] Linux Australia SGM - Live video feed

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Mon Aug 29 09:04:43 EST 2011

Hi All,

Tim Ansell has kindly offered to stream tonight's SGM. Details are
below.

Cheers,
John

----- Forwarded message from Tim Ansell <mithro at mithis.com> -----

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:16:54 +1000
From: Tim Ansell <mithro at mithis.com>
To: John Ferlito <johnf at inodes.org>
Subject: Linux Australia SGM - Live video feed

Hello everyone,

This week we will live broadcasting a video feed of the Linux Australia SGM!

We will also be uploading videos of the talk to YouTube shortly after the event
at the Linux Australia [channel][1].

 [1]: http://www.youtube.com/LinuxAustralia

You can view the live video feed at at:

                     http://view.streamti.me/linux-aus

Video will start from 6pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
([check the time in your local timezone][2]).

 [2]: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Linux+Australia+AGM+-+Live+Broadcast&iso=2011-08-29T18:00:00&p1=240

The system supports HTML5 (H264, Ogg Theora and WebM) and Flash, this
should cover most desktop browsers. The system does not support mobile systems
yet (which includes the iPad), it might work, but it's more likely it won't.

As a backup the JustinTV channel at http://www.justin.tv/mithro1 should
also be transmitting the same video.

A big thank you goes to [Orion VM](http://www.orionvm.com.au/) who are
providing the machine which is doing the live encoding.

Tim

----- End forwarded message -----

--
John