[Linux-aus] Seeking work (local preferred)

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Aug 28 11:44:00 EST 2011

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Paul Gear <paul at libertysys.com.au> wrote:
> I just wanted to add a "me too" to Paul's comments.  Your message
> wouldn't likely get the attention of many recruiters (at least not the
> ones i usually encounter), but it shows exactly the kind of attributes
> that i would be looking for in an employee: initiative, passion, an
> honest statement about your experience, and perhaps most importantly,
> humility.  Pity i don't have a job to give you. ;-)

Recruiters tend not to be interested in enthusiastic people, they want people
with credentials and experience working for large companies - even if such
experience didn't involve doing anything serious with the technology.

It's lists like this one where someone who is enthusiastic and wants to learn
can find employers who value such traits.

I think it would be good to have a linux-aus jobs list.  There are more than a
few people who would move to a different state if they received a suitable job
offer and subscribing to jobs lists in every state would be an annoying amount
of effort.