[Linux-aus] Notice of Linux Australia Special General Meeting to be held on 29/08/2011

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Aug 7 09:25:11 EST 2011

David Newall wrote:
> I ask again: why not just set the financial year in the current (as
> agreed by members) constitution? A real reason, please, not something
> made up in lieu of the truth.

This is why:
"To ensure there is no unnecessary work for associations, the current 'rules' of an existing association are taken to comply with the requirements of the new Act until the association chooses to lodge changes. When the association lodges changes they will need to ensure all other aspects of their constitution comply with the new requirements."