[Linux-aus] Notice of Linux Australia Special General Meeting to be held on 29/08/2011

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Thu Aug 4 11:31:28 EST 2011

Hi All,

A couple of members have emailed me privately and pointed out to me
that there may not be enough detail in the agenda with respect to the
motions.

I have checked with the Office of Fair Trading and we simply need to
present the changes in a manner that is understandable to our members.

Since I didn't actually link to the changes in the agenda but only
later on in the email I've updated the agenda to point to the GitHub
diffs.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows and can be found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dw5VChBsJKOaTf-KxFJJOgy3h9eOe4A05u4UtuGtysY/edit

  1. President's Welcome

  2. Confirmation of minutes of the 2011 AGM.

     Motion: The membership accepts the minutes of the 2011 AGM as accurate.
     http://www.linux.org.au/meeting/2011-01-26

  3. Presentation of Treasurer's Report

     Motion: The membership accepts the 2010 treasurer's report.

  4. Presentation of Auditor's Report

     Motion: The membership accepts the Auditor's report.

  5. Constitutional Changes

     The details of the constitutional changes can be found in the SGM
     announcement.

     Motion: To replace Linux Australia's current constitution with
     the NSW Fair Trading Model constitution (Under the Associations
     Incorporation Act 2009).
     https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution/blob/e50892799586bbcc5a76feefacb46fb905a61d3d/constitution.txt

     Motion: Change the financial year of the organisation to start on
     1 October
     https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution/commit/2748f80b89b4847ed79f9a52170d154ae6e7cc2d

     Motion: Apply changes to the constitution to bring the
     constitution in line with current practices
     https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution/commit/7707b086bf74f1960eab7aae07a43be6837d3ca0

     Motion: Apply changes to the constitution to allow for renewal of
     free memberships
     https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution/commit/0da6b2213f9896649cf10ec9fe898ca14b04571e

  6. AGM Close

Cheers,