[Linux-aus] LCA 2013 - Formal bids request

Steve Dalton steve at refactor.com.au
Fri Apr 29 20:47:58 EST 2011

I'm thinking of doing one for the Gold Coast for 2012 more as a dry
run for 14 or 15 really. Already have some of the docs together, just
need to get our act together and get it into shape to submit.

Overseas next week, but when I get back I'll try and have a stab at it.

What happened to the Antartica bid? :-P

Steve

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM, John Ferlito <johnf at inodes.org> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> The Linux Australia council is now requesting formal bid proposals for
>> hosting LCA2013.
>

> [Tumbleweeds... crickets...]
>

> It's no secret that there's a Canberra crew looking at putting
> something together for 2013. (Full disclosure) I'm part of that
> effort.
>
> Is anybody else thinking of bidding? North Queensland? South
> Australia? Western Australia? Northern Territory? Macquarie Island
> (plenty of penguins)?
>
> Even if you're not up for 2013 and might like to do 2014 or 2015, I
> reckon it's a good idea to have a dry run now so you figure out what
> you'll need to make it happen.
>
> --
> MC

Refactor
Engage. Succeed. Repeat.
PO Box 802, Labrador, Q 4215, Australia
tel: +61 (0)7 5668 3424 web: refactor.com.au