[Linux-aus] Proposal: yearly reminder/expiration of free membership

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Fri Apr 29 08:54:10 EST 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011, Kathy Reid wrote:
> 1. Should the terms and conditions associated with membership
> change, then I should be be given the ability to continue or
> discontinue my membership. For instance, I may disagree with a
> change in philosophy of the organisation and terminate membership on
> principle. Changes to membership conditions would theoretically be
> voted upon in an AGM.

Just to make sure this is clear, it is possible to resign from Linux Australia
at any time under the present arrangements. At present this is done by emailing
the Secretary (secretary at linux.org.au) and stating that you wish to resign
membership. It takes effect immediately on receipt and you will get a reply
confirming such.

I don't intend this mail to negate Kathy's point! Just making sure that no one
is left with the impression that in the current situation one cannot resign
one's membership if one so wants.

-Mary