[Linux-aus] Constitutional status (Re: Proposal: *voluntary* paid membership)

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Wed Apr 27 18:41:33 EST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011, James Turnbull wrote:
> In light of this though I don't think you can make the paid membership
> changes without changing the constitution first.

Constitutional changes are going to have to be put this year anyway, because as
of the new Act (that is, as of 1 July 2010), changes to the financial year have
to be put in the constitution. This Council (... not that constitutionally we
*are* officially called the Council now...) wants to do that.

So constitutional changes being needed aren't offputting. Of course, the
membership might not *pass* them, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

-Mary