[Linux-aus] Proposal: yearly reminder/expiration of free membership

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Wed Apr 27 16:27:30 EST 2011

To the list this time... (:

On 27 April 2011 12:17, Mary Gardiner <mary at puzzling.org> wrote:
>  (1) leave the status quo: people basically sign up and stay members forever
>
>  (2) email people yearly reminding them of their membership and offering them
>     the opportunity to resign
>
>  (3) email people yearly reminding them of their membership and make them
>     re-confirm to remain a member after the opening of the next AGM (this may
>     require a Constitutional change to Section 4, Cessation of membership)
>
> Any thoughts?

I agree with all of the sentiments expressed. I think either (2) or
(3) is desirable. To start with, I suggest (2) as a good first step.
This doesn't seem to have been a huge problem, so making an
incremental change and dealing with the unknowable outcomes before
considering another incremental change seems wise.

Cheers,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange