[Linux-aus] Linux Australia values statement

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:59:22 EST 2011

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:46:38 +1000, Mary Gardiner <mary at puzzling.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 06, 2011, Russell Coker wrote:
>> Is LA limited in scope to Australia?  We have had some LCAs in NZ which seems
>> to indicate a slightly broader scope.
>
> This is probably a discussion worth having.
>
> Evidence in favour of scope being primarily Australia:
>  - it's in the name of our organisation!

That is the trouble I guess with names, organisations out grow them.

If we purely logical about what the conference covered we would probably be calling it something like the "Libre Australasia Conference". Which I think if existed would still be something Linux Australia would contribute to, and due to population dispersion would still mostly be held in Australia, but the conference is about more then Linux and about more then Australia.

Jason