[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 2011-03-31

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Fri Apr 1 00:06:16 EST 2011

Linux Australia Council Meeting 2011-03-31

Present: John Ferlito, Michael Carden, Alice Boxhall, Joshua Hesketh,
Mary Gardner
Apologies: Peter Lieverdink, Kelly Yeoh

Meeting open at 8:00pm.

- LCA bid process:
      No bids submitted yet.

- Budget progress:
      Nothing to report.

- Drupal Down Under 2012:
      Have access to banks. Venue deposit in progress.

- Progress of 2010 financial audit:
      In progress.

- Progress of policy discussion on linux-aus:
      Good to go (see below).

- Motion: Accept the new subcommittee policy:
http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/SubcommitteePolicy
      Proposed: John
      Seconded: Michael
      Passed unanimously.

- Motion: Accept the new expense policy:
http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/ExpensesPolicy
      (Michael: Vote of confidence in Treasurer)
      Proposed: John
      Second: Mary
      Passed unanimously.

- Motion: Accept the jobs team subcommittee:
http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/ListOfTeamsAndSubCommittees
      Motion not presented. We suggest that the jobs team is merged with
web team.

- Values Policy:
      Nearly ready to send to list.

- Steve Dalton - request for Barcamp sponsorship:
      Michael moves to support Barcamp to the value of $200.
      John seconds.
      Passed unanimously.
      LA agrees with the aims of Barcamp and this sponsorship reflects
that stance.

- Publication of F2F minutes:
      Nearly ready. John to work on tonight.

- Compliance of Constitution with July 2010 changes to the Act:
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Cooperatives_and_associations/Associations/Associations_legislation/Changes_to_associations_legislation.html
      Will have to update if we make changes to constitution.
      Mary to look into what is required.
      John to help.

- Move of financial year:
      Decided on proposing the financial year ends on the end of
September. A motion will be put forward at the SGM.

- Journalist Liz Tay and comments on AGIMO OSS guidelines:
      Michael will contact Liz and speak on behalf of Linux Australia.

Meeting closed at 8:31pm.