[Linux-aus] 2011 = 20 years of Linux

James Polley jamezpolley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 16:33:03 EST 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A cake shaped like the Internet.
>

> Which reminds me. Last weekend I spied in a newsagent the cover of a
> Womens Weekly cake recipe book/magazine featuring a Tux cake. I
> flipped it open to the Tux page but nowhere could I find an
> attribution to Larry Ewing. I wonder if they've been naughty?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux

Several bloggers[17] have noted that Tux bears a striking resemblance
with a cake template on the front cover of the Australian Womans
Weekly "Party Animals" [4], a cake recipe book published by ACP
Magazines. The design is titled "The Penguin Prince" and no credit is
given. ACP later acknowledged the similarity and added they lost track
of the original template designer[18].

[17] * http://davehall.com.au/blog/dave/2007/08/02/tux-cake
http://thinkerspodium.wordpress.com/2007/07/30/the-australian-womens-weekly-and-the-violation-of-tux-the-penguin/
http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-definition-of-word-soon.html