[Linux-aus] Cairo cross compile

Giriprasad Deviprasad g_pr21 at yahoo.in
Tue Sep 14 22:07:00 EST 2010

Hi,

 I am using :
 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/asdlab/freetype/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/asdlab/fontconfig/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/asdlab/pixman/lib/pkgconfig/:/opt/asdlab/glib/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG="/usr/bin/pkg-config"
export CXX=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++

./configure --prefix=/opt/asdlab/cairo/ --host=arm --build=i686-linux --enable-ps=no --enable-pdf=no --enable-win32-font=no --enable-win32=no  --enable-freetype=yes --with-freetype=/opt/asdlab/freetype --with-fontconfig=/opt/asdlab/fontconfig

The final few lines of output from configure is :
checking for cairo's PNG backend...
checking for png... yes
checking whether cairo's PNG backend could be enabled... yes
configure: creating src/cairo-png.pc
checking for cairo's FreeType font backend...
checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
checking for FcFini... no
no
checking whether cairo's FreeType font backend could be enabled... no (requires fontconfig)
configure: error: requested FreeType font backend could not be enabled

Still cairo is not able to sense the installed freetype or fontconfig.

Thanks & Regards,
D.Giriprasad

> Now when I try to cross compile cairo, configure gives the following error:
> configure: error: Cairo requires at least one font backend.
>           Please install freetype and fontconfig, then try again:

If they're using pkgconfig, are you using a cross compile setup of pkgconfig?

http://clintonroy.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/pkg-config-for-cross-compiling/

Which may well be out of date by now, I'm not sure.