[Linux-aus] MobileFOSS Miniconf Call For Papers

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Sun Sep 12 08:53:40 EST 2010

Here we go folks, the official Call for Papers for the MobileFOSS
miniconf being held at lca2011:

What are we looking for?

We're looking for presentations on topics relating to development on
Free and Open Source Software based Mobile Systems. This can be on any
of the following:

      * Application development
      * FOSS Stack development
      * Cool FOSS Mobile Projects
      * Anything else relating to the Mobile FOSS space

If you're not sure whether your presentation fits, then please feel free
to drop a line and we can point you in the right direction.

Presentation Format:

We're looking for presentations that are 20 minutes long + 5 minutes for
questions. We will consider double length presentations on a case by
case basis.

Dates you need to know:

Call for Papers Opens: NOW!

Call for Papers Closes: Friday 22nd October 2010

Notification to Successful Presenters: Thursday 28th October 2010

Final Miniconf Timetable submitted to lca2011 organisers: 29th October
2010

Things you need to know:

      * To present at the miniconf you need to be attending the main
        conference. While there are special "miniconf only" tickets
        available, they are strictly limited.
      * Miniconf presenters are not able to access travel and
        accommodation assistance.
      * Miniconf presenters are not able to access the same benefits as
        main conference presenters. Essentially Miniconf presenters are
        treated as normal delegates (depending on your delegate type).

Terms and Conditions:

      * All presenters give permission for their presentations to be
        recorded (both video and audio) and released under a Creative
        Commons Share Alike license.
      * All presenters grant that they have permission to present the
        information contained within their presentations.
      * All presenters agree to ensure their presentations are
        professional and not likely to cause offence. Have fun, but
        don't do anything you wouldn't want your mother seeing.

Links:

Miniconf site: http://mobilefoss.jamespurser.com.au/
Call for Papers: http://mobilefoss.jamespurser.com.au/Call_For_Papers
Paper Form: http://mobilefoss.jamespurser.com.au/node/add/paper

James "Insane enough to take on a miniconf" Purser