[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 2010-10-06

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Wed Oct 6 20:52:04 EST 2010

These minutes are also available at http://linux.org.au/meeting/2010-10-06

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

Apologies: Elspeth Thorne
Present: John Ferlito, Peter Lieverdink, Joshua Hesketh, Michael Carden, Lindsay Holmwood, Alice Boxhall

Agenda

Accept minutes of Last Meeting
Minutes of planning weekend were accepted unanimously
Previous teleconf minutes need amendment before posting

Status update on LCA2011
Sponsors are coming on board and looking good. The budget has been tidied up, so the wild guess numbers are now more concrete.

Status update on LCA2012
Weekend of 30/31 Oct is when we'll go to Ballarat to do a team meeting and site inspection. Will discuss logistics after the teleconf.

Status update on Drupal Down Under
Sponsors are signing up and keynotes have been announced. Registration can open once we decide on a payment gateway.

Status update on Survey
John will work on survey later today.

Diversity policy
A team list now exists.

Brendan Scott's project
Awaiting an invoice for part 1.
Remove from next agenda.

Community wiki
In progress.

Insurance query re HackerSpaces; machinery accident cover etc?
Awaiting a reply from the insurance company. They're looking at a commercial lease on a property. How can we mitigate risk if we were to underwrite this? If we can mitigate risk, happy to help them

Associations Incorporation Act 2009
In progress.

Planning weekend
We had one, it was awesome.

Tag & testing
Revisit next time it comes up with a venue.

Education Show Melbourne
Received a brochure with early-bird pricing. It'll be on in August 2011. Find out if anyone would be interested in coordinating this.

Action Items
Each council member provided an update on the progress with their action items.

General Business
Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.