[Linux-aus] Linux Kernel developers (was Re: Council Circular Resolution 12 Apr 2010)

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Fri May 7 11:52:50 EST 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:35:51 +1000, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 01:17:08PM +0800, stanley.miao wrote:
>
> > I didn't find any arm linux kernel related jobs on seek.com.
>
> Well that's an entirely different question. :)
>
> That's a pretty specific skill-set, prospective employers my use a more
> targeted approach then seek.com

Maybe you can speak better for the linux kernel world currently, but at
least in the Drizzle world, our current preferred method of recommending
anyone is based on existing contributions. i.e. code is what gets you
the interview and code is the interview. (at least for developers).

This has worked amazingly well in the short timeframe of the project.

For MySQL, which had a harder time keeping outside contributors (for a
number of reasons, several being directly the company's fault) we'd also
look at existing contributions to other free software projects.

--
Stewart Smith