[Linux-aus] Should LA Donate or Sponsor the LGM?

Hamish Taylor hamish at devworldit.com.au
Sun May 2 11:54:51 EST 2010

>>   1. Should LA Donate or Sponsor the LGM? (Donna Benjamin)

>> I donated to the pledge - but they're still a long way off target - so I
>> thought, hmmm - perhaps we could ask Linux Australia to consider
>> donating to the pledge, or sponsoring the event?

Yes, I think that showing support for any FOSS based
projects/conferences/etc would be a good thing for Linux Australia to
do. There would be many members of the various LUGs and of LA who use
Libre Graphics software and enabling it to become better is in their,
and ours collectively, interests.

Additionally, if there is some promotion of LA, and that it's an
active organisation, then there may be a longer-term benefit in that
it may generate an interest in it's activities, more specifically
linux.conf.au which may encourage more overseas visitors to attend the
conference.

Hamish Taylor